Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Swedish Fish


Here is something I don't get... why are swedish fish sold in gourmet food stores? What's so gourmet about what are essentially gummy bears in the shape of fish?? Now, I've had several people give me their reasons: they are sold in foreign countries, they are special... Umm, ok, but as far as I know, that's no reason to consider them GOURMET. I think I have an answer- the "powers that be" met and had a secret meeting about Swedish Fish. In this meeting, there was a conspiracy created about selling what are actually NORMAL, PLAIN, BORING, slightly sweet, gummy candy in the shape of (gasp!) FISH to the general public as GOURMET FOOD. Now THAT idea is genius! I would like to speak w/the brainchild behind this whole Swedish Fish thing... If anyone knows him or her, please send them my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home