Thursday, September 29, 2005

Moans, Cheers, and Jeers

As some of you readers may know, I had a column back in the high school paper called Myrna’s Moans. Now, don’t get all excited – not those kind of moans! No, these moans were more akin to complaints… So, in the spirit of My Moan’s I would like to start a Cheers and Jeers column for my blog. However, be aware that the Jeers to Cheers ratio will be very disproportionate in favor of Jeers. Let’s not forget – everyone LOVES a complainer!

CHEERS –

Cheers to Bennigan’s restaurant for the “Happy Happy Birthday” song that we all know and love
Cheers to the jazz band from Philly that was playing in Hank’s Saloon in Brookyn last night
Cheer for pizza! It truly is a perfect food.
Cheers to beer and wine for making me feel glorious in the moment
Cheers to Ramen Noodles. I don’t care what anyone says. They are delicious! They are cheap. Full of salty, mushy goodness! I used to eat these things as a kid, and I just can’t get enough. My favorite is when you buy a case of them at SAM’s for like $3.25. I’m getting excited just writing about them…

JEERS –

Jeers to the N line for not running properly this morning, forcing me to take the 5 train and then transferring at 14th street back to the N – which was probably the SAME N that I could have caught had I just stayed at my home platform.
Jeers to beer and wine for making me feel like ass this morning.

Hmmm, I’m realizing that there are not as many Jeers this morning… Perhaps I have less to complain about than I thought… Don’t worry, there’s time for that.

1 Comments:

Blogger zi said...

i think booker should start a gossip column, just like he had for "the Mark"

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home