Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I feel like writing a bunch of random crap today:

Here’s an interesting tidbit I learned recently. I knew this already but someone had to point out that it is socially unacceptable for men to use exclamation points when engaging in social, written communication… Who knew?

Moving on, I think I have decided to break down and buy a
Mac Ibook. I already have a laptop but it’s a pretty powerful and cumbersome machine. Not something I can take with me around the city… I find I’m often inspired while on the subway or out and about lollygagging around the city. I believe this is wasted potential creativity that could easily be channeled onto this blog… or in November perhaps THIS. Being an educator, I also get a 10% discount on all Apple products! Go Mozo! It’s your birthday!

So, I have joined a group of women at work that are starting a fat-off 2006 tomorrow. It’s a 2 month long process and whoever loses the most weight (percentage to their starting weight) wins the pool. Mama needs a new pair of shoes and already the pool is up to $600! I’m thinking a wardrobe overhaul as I will be a picture of thinness… I’ve already displayed my competitive edge, explaining that I’m ready to go all out with whatever ammunition necessary. I’m talking eating disorder, caffeine pills, and laxatives, whatever it takes*. I got my eyes on the prize and the prize is a lollipop-head version of me and at least $600. I can not eat for 2 months… think of all the $$ I’ll save! On the bright side though, I DID quit smoking (officially for about the 11th time in my life) again.

I started running again… I’ve been very sore and have actually been walking around NYC like a woman who just had two hip replacements and 4 shots of tequila. However, it feels invigorating and good. I forgot how much I enjoyed it. I actually wanted to run the
NYC Marathon last year but didn’t have it in me… Maybe the year of the Dog will be different.


*for all you folks that are seriously concerned, I’m not REALLY going to take laxatives or caffeine pills

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tip: Get diagnosed with ADD and start taking Adderall, Ritalin, etc.. I recommend the all day version, that gets rid of highs and lows. Now, why? It curbs appetite majorly and can help you quit smoking. I don't know if this works when you are not ADD, but you are on the weird side (more than even me) so you could be.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Mozo said...

Incidently, my shrink thinks I'm bipolar and NOT ADD. However, this would indicate that I'm MANIC about 95% of the time... the other 5% perhaps excessively depressed... who knows? However, I'd rather get Adderall before Lithium... I hear Lithium makes you fat and causes BACNE.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Mozo said...

I've also decided to DUMP that shrink...

8:47 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

If you buy your iBook thru amazon they offer a $100 rebate so the final price is $900. Don't know if that is better than the 10% off from Apple.

11:35 AM  
Blogger babyG said...

hey how do I get in on that money...lol

just a texas hasher

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can think of four times I was seriously depressed (for months or years), three were as a kid. Depression is pretty typical with ADD. I agree Lithium is much scarier than Adderall. Take a test and get a new shrink. Of course I dumped mine years ago and haven't found a new one yet.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home