Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Borne of Dragons and Fallen Heroes



I went to the US Open with my friend Matt last night. We had the most amazing courtside seats! We started with watching Davenport kick some Chinese ass. Speaking of ass, Matt wanted to bite this girl’s butt. I did not feel the same way. However, I DO feel that way about Andy Roddick, who, in a nail-biting upset, lost to Gilles Muller of Luxembourg. This was some serious tennis! The crowd was on the edge of their seats as Gilles and Andy battled it out game-by-game, set-by-set. And to think, I almost did not attend this game. I believe it was tennis history in the making watching a tennis hero – Andy lose to a relative nobody. I’m sure my man Andy was simply having a rough night as it seems of late he has misplaced his mojo.



In other news, thanks to Harry Potter, I have now become obsessed with fantasy and my latest craze is the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini who was 15 when he wrote the first installment in this dragon trilogy. The second book in this series Eldest, just recently hit store shelves. The author mentioned in a recent interview with a New York television station that he was homeschooled and graduated high school at 15. At this time, he proceeded to write his first book. Sounds like homeschooling is the way to go kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home