Friday, September 30, 2005

Where Are My Ooompa Loompahs??



Do you know this man?

So, I don't want to get all deep and everything, but I feel the need to share my thoughts on various conversations I have had with a couple people who I consider to be more wise than I. I may quote a couple of these folks verbatim, and while I can't give them direct credit (in order to protect their identities), if asked directly, I can do so. The past week has been rather tumultuous for me. I found myself having several conflicts with people which is unusual for me. Throughout this week, I literally felt like the world as I know it was falling apart around me and my life was turning into a Salvador Dali painting. Clocks were melting off the walls, elements were turning into other elements... it was like some alternate universe where all things that should be weren't and all things that shouldn't be are. One of these wise individuals explained to me that my generation was sold a bill of goods by our parents and now the world is not making good on those things that were promised to us. I was promised 10 Ooompa Loompah's and have come to realize that they are on back order and won't be available till Summer of 2009... Guess I have to wait for my Oooompa like everyone else. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I did not realize how disappointing people can be. Perhaps it's just New York City, perhaps it's just me. But somehow, I have to reconcile how I think the world should be vs. how it really is. Perhaps this weekend will provide some answers...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey lady-
i'm drunk and you're fabulous. but i think i knew that before i was drunk b/c i enjoy your blog. if you want in on indian-(native american)summer beach time tomorrow, be in touch: 516 241 7873

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home