Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Let's wrap all the mini's in twine and recycle them


I have a lot on my mind. For starters, as many of you in the city know, today is
recycling day. As a conscientious citizen, I have been saving my newspapers and Time magazines so that I could put them out on some random Tuesday to be recycled when the spirit moved me. Unfortunately, you know what you need in order to lug 80 newspapers downstairs? A little thing called twine. I’ve been meaning to express my frustration about this for quite some time now – nowhere in the city can I seem to find twine. This may seem like a small issue, but at 6am when I haven’t had my coffee and I’m lugging 50 lbs of newspaper downstairs in a plastic bag that rips open on the way down, spilling old news all over the stairs it becomes an infinitely LARGE issue. In fact, not an issue – we’re going to upgrade this from issue to a problem. If you know of anywhere in this city to find twine, feel free to post. Or, even better, if you want to GIVE me twine, I will be more than happy to accept donations.

Seen on a shirt on the subway platform en route to work this morning – “I’m not easy but we can discuss it.” Is this sexy or slutty? Witty or worrisome? Clever or crass?

Inspired by
Kurt’s 80’s song of the week, I’m starting movie quote of the week. Movie quote for today - from a feel good, Julia Roberts chick flick Runaway Bride” uttered by Richard Gere’s character - “Don’t knock drunks in bars, it means they’re not driving.” There you have it -logical, elegant, to the point.

Colin is telling me he will sell me his silver Ipod mini. Should I do it? I think it depends on how much he is selling it for and what condition this mini is in. I found a store on Broadway selling 4GB minis for $175. That’s a pretty good deal. Another store two blocks over is selling them for $200. I tried to explain to them that their competition was undercutting them… they didn’t want to hear it. Stupid idiots.

Speaking of Ipods,
Madonna just recently added what looks to be the majority of her collection onto Itunes. Seriously, it’s about time! Thanks for catching up with the rest of the music industry Madge, uh sorry, Esther…


1 Comments:

Blogger Colin said...

I'll sell my mini to you for $160 -- with the armband!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home