Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weekend Stuff

Good weekend! Have been playing with my new toy. I decided to get the Apple G4 Powerbook 12" instead of the Ibook. Why not get the best money can buy? In addition, when I got to the Apple store in SOHO, I banged out a couple keys on the Ibook and then on the Powerbook - this is just a much sturdier machine. I have to say I'm absolutely in love with it. I never thought I could be so in love with a piece of technology, but I am. Am I turning into a computer geek? I also picked up a wireless router today so now, I can effectively blog when I'm in my bedroom or around the apartment.

Hit a couple spots in the LES this weekend. Had a few drinks @ Delancy on (you guessed it!) Delancy. This is actually a very decent watering hole tucked away right off the side of the Williamsburg Bridge. In addition to it's rather out of the way location, it's home to a tropical upstairs tiki lounge and a cavernous underground bar area. I recommend*. In addition, I finally made my way over to THOR. For the longest time I avoided this place but decided to check it out w/my friend Christine. The scene was pretty much exactly what I expected - beautiful, interesting looking people melting into the furniture and eachother. The bartender that looks like a blond Tom Cruise is particularly funny. I nearly spat out my drink at one point on account of his disarming humour.

Taught my first Sunday class today. To think that I have to be up at 9am for the next 15 Sundays is slightly daunting but I welcome the change. Otherwise, I'd be stuck in my pajamas migrating between the couch and my bed all day. At least now I get to meander through the city once I'm finished with class. For example, today I checked out the Chinese New Years Day Parade. Good little celebration they had down there.

So, the SuperBowl is going on right now and I think I may be the only person on EARTH not watching it. There is barely any noise emanating from the usually loud and crowded street below. I think I'm going to wrap up this Sunday evening by finishing watching my old favorite - A Few Good Men (it's on HBO) and finish reading A Girls Guide To Hunting and Fishing (recommendation by Christine last night). Here's hoping for a decent week. Out.

* Update: The Delancy also touts EXOTIC Alaskan bar-staff.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on making it in to teach! from this day forward i vow never to drink more than one gin martini while sitting... on sunday i was fully expecting to see olive bits in my urine. on the bright side, i discovered a great brunch spot across from sidewalk on Ave A: $9.95 includes a pint of bloody mary and a diverse and generous menu selection. (also noteworthy in the EV: i was seated across from remarkably manly-men discussing their previous evening's exploits, all of whom were over 5'10"...)

8:06 AM  
Blogger zi said...

what are you teaching?

8:56 PM  
Blogger Mozo said...

I've been teaching as adjunct speech communication faculty at area colleges for the past 5 years. This semester I happen to be teaching 2 classes instead of just one.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home