Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Best Things in Life are FREE

I have a reputation for (getting) being lucky… Still, it came as a mild surprise to me to find my cup is running over with invitations to incredible venues and events that are touted as some of New York City’s finest.

First stroke of luck started with
Kurt inviting me to a Broadway musical. This took place last Saturday when I attended the latest showing of the Broadway musical The Drowsy Chaperone. This old school musical just recently acquired several Tony’s and is no doubt going to be increasingly difficult to get tickets. An enjoyable ride with a highly talented cast, this musical’s plot is well… I don’t want to say “lacking…” because it’s certainly not. It’s just not – I know, you aren’t going to walk away with the meaning of life from this one. Not that I’m saying it should offer that.

Second stoke of luck came in the form of Sunday afternoon yankee tickets! It was a gorgeous spring day and me and a group of girls got to watch the Yank’s kick some ass.


Finally, this evening I’m going to the New York City ballet! A work colleague asked if I wanted to join her. Of course, I jumped at the chance. Having only previously seen the Nutcracker, I figured it might best to do something cultural. Sadly, hitting dive bars on the LES don’t really count as culture…

* Note: In addition to all of these FREEBIES, I’m actually getting to enjoy a 4th freebie today that came to me in the form of a $150 gift card. I received a
Bliss Spa certificate just for coming to work. I’m getting a treatment this evening before gallivanting off to the ballet. Oooh la la!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home