Thursday, December 29, 2005

Which is worse?

Yesterday, I got into an elevator that was making this really weird BEEEEEEEEPing sound... I thought it was kind of weird, but people didn't really seem to mind or notice. So, having a "follow-the-crowd" mentality, I figured, what-the-hell and got in. Now, before I go any further, I should mention that we just moved to a different building, and this building while aesthetically pleasing is older than water and the elevators are the WORST. So, I am in the elevator, the doors close, the weird noise finally stops, and we start moving up. Then, all of a sudden, FREE FALL! Yup - it happened to me! It wasn't a lot, a story or two but it was enough to make me scream out in fear and give everyone QUITE a start.

Ok, but that's not the worst part about this story.

So, this guy standing next to me, starts touching my thigh! Which, would be inappropriate under NORMAL circumstances, but after having just faced death with 6 strangers in an enclosed metal box, I found it to be all the more disturbing. It was sort of like, he was trying to comfort me and calm me down... And those of you who know me, I'm not particularly touchy-feely as it is... I don't like people in my space, or people (especially STRANGERS) touching me. But what I find odd, if he WERE trying to comfort me, don't you think he could have put his hand on my shoulder? Perhaps he was just trying to get a little action before we all plummeted to our demise. Who knows...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home