Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Year in Review:

Well Well Well…. What a year it has been! I am taking this time to be a bit introspective play a little “Year In Review.” So here are some pearls of wisdom gained by Mozo in 2005.

As many of you know, Mozo started the year with something called the M.L.I.P. aka the Mozo Life Improvement Program (pronunciation: MUH-lip). The MLIP entailed: less partying, more exercising, less bad dates, more good dates, more health food, fewer alcohol units, more sleep, less swearing, more elbow grease, less bacon grease, I could go on and on but you get the idea.

I believe the MLIP 2005 went somewhere down the toilet around the 3rd week of the year when I was jumping on a bed after sucking down two massive Hurricanes at Pat O’Brien’s in New Orleans on an empty stomach. Suffice it to say, I ended up falling off the bed somewhere mid-jump only to have busted my head open. Eight staples, yes STAPLES in my noggin later, I was on a flight back to the Big Apple with somewhat painful (if not fuzzy) memories of the Big Easy.

First Big Lesson of the year:

- No jumping on beds after drinking

Other Lessons gleaned throughout 2005:

- Garbage needs to be taken out regularly
- Newspapers are easily pilfered
- Lost items almost always end up under my bed
- My cats enjoy chewing on fake plants and then throwing up the fake foliage on my bed
- You can put a cactus through a lot of abuse
- Angry cats will poop on your bed
- I have enough undergarments to last 6 weeks of NOT doing laundry (7 weeks if I use swimwear)
- Don’t ever buy an indoor AC unit. Trust me on this one.
- If someone tells you their dog is crazy – BELIEVE them and don’t go anywhere near it.
- No matter where you are on earth, you can spot a New Yorker anywhere and they can usually spot you.
- Chips and salsa does not a Mexican meal make.
- Considering the amount of ramen and hot-dogs I eat, I should have enough MSG and nitrites in my body to pickle me for life.
- A rat, a jerk, and liar can all be friends.
- Fishing off the company pier is generally a bad idea.
- Donut eating is inversely correlated to action getting
- If an elevator makes a funny noise as you are getting into it, you are wise to exit immediately.
- Blackberry’s and IPOD’s make life enormously better
- Blogging is the new ‘My Diary’
- Riding a roller-coaster after a night of partying in Las Vegas is not the best way to cure a hangover (oh, wait, I learned that in 2004!)


Well folks, that's my year in review. In addition to a promotion, a bonus, a raise, a broken heart, a mended heart, a new roommate, some new friends, reuniting w/some old friends, a U2 concert, US Open tickets, seeing Paul McCartney live, a trip to Puerto Rico, and an upcoming trip to DC for New Years. All, in all, pretty good year.

1 Comments:

Blogger zi said...

the Big Easy may have gotten to you early Moze, but she got hers later on that year. look at you! successful, happy, and blogging. look at her! swampy, smelly, and economically unviable.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home