Thursday, January 12, 2006

Revolving Doors

Before I moved to New York City, I had a weird (slight) phobia of revolving doors. I would do stupid things like get in with another person and then have to shuffle quickly behind them while feeling like a total @$$hole. Then, sometimes people ahead or behind you are stronger than you so they push the door really hard and fast and then you have to basically JUMP out before the back door smacks you or dismembers you. You are at the mercy of this odd device. I don't mind the REALLY big ones that turn slowly. I've found these are more common in Holland than the US. But I digress. So, I've gotten pretty used to revolving doors. However, I noticed one thing that still irritates me. Does anyone else think that they should rotate CLOCKWISE and not COUNTER clockwise??? Maybe it's just b/c I'm left handed and want the world to adapt to me and not the other way around....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to have such a lame answer but you drive on the right hand side of the road and walk on the right hand side of the mall, sidewalk, etc.. So, to most people (right-handed that is) it is more comfortable to head toward the right as you enter a door.

Now for my not so lame theory. Always at a movie theatre or bathroom go for the most uncomfortable door. This is usually the left one, the closest one, or the darkest one. I believe it will be the cleanest stall or the least crowded area of the theatre.

If my theory is right perhaps left-handed people get better seats and cleaner restrooms than the rest of us.

Sorry about my rambling. It's the ADD.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home