Tuesday, January 10, 2006

THESE DREAMS

I had the WEIRDEST dreams last night! First I was dreaming about watching this plane fly without a tail. It was one of those cheaper airlines, like AirTran (aka "TrashCan") and the entire back half of the fuselage was just MISSING. Anyway, it was flying for a while but of course, as planes w/out their back half tend to do - it crashed (similar to dreams Richie Valens would have but in black and white a la La Bamba. He would watch these planes explode in mid air and then would have to scamper quickly to dodge the falling debris). It was really more of a helicopter looking thing than a plane and it kind of bounced instead of crashed... What made this dream even weirder is that I was standing in a pasture full of bulls. Now, even though I lived in Texas for a substantial amount of time, I actually knew nothing about bulls until this summer (but that’s another story and it was mechanical). I realized that these beasts are much more intimidating than I had previously imagined. And even though I have SUPERHUMANSTRENGTH, I was no match for all of these bulls. So, here I was, trying to get away from the fiery rubble of a plane crash and then, trying to move away from all these bulls on the other end. I could have climbed over the barbed wire fence to get away but that would be equally painful. I was trapped. Needless to say, I woke up with a racing heart and a sense that all was not 100% kosher in dreamland. I had a bear of a time falling back asleep.

But I did fall asleep– and here’s what happened NEXT! So, I’m at work, and I’m speaking with one of my co-workers. All of a sudden, the entire floor starts filling up with water. And I’m not talking 2 little inches of water that get your shoes wet. I’m talking a waterfall of water that crashed over all of us and went up over your head. So, we’re swimming in a sea of computers…That was actually quite fun. It was sort of like being at Wet & Wild but at the office.


When all was said and done, I think I was happy to wake up and see that it was 7am. While physically restful, last night's sleep proved to be fitful and frightful at best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home