Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Guilty Pleasures and Walking Tall

I’ve started this new thing, where I wake up every day at some ridiculously early hour between 4:30 and 6:30am. Granted, I also fall asleep at hours that I used to call “BedTime” back when I was 7 years old… But that’s neither here nor there. I enjoy lounging around my apartment playing with my new toy and watching t.v. I used to watch the News but I no longer have the stomach for that. Now, I turn it on HBO or some movie channel. Well, this morning, I stumbled upon another gem. I’m a little embarrassed to admit this, but I started watching DIRTY DANCING. But not the ORIGINAL DD but the new and IMPROVED Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights! Everything about this little gem is just something to drink up. The actors, the costumes, the setting, the dancing, the cameo by Patrick Swayze as (gasp!) the dance instructor… even the soundtrack is something you can shake your booty to. I am going to On-Demand this when I get home tonight! I’m definitely downloading the soundtrack ASAP.

In other news, speaking of pleasure – I realized I was doing something rather unpleasurable lately but found a way to rectify it. I was standing on the crowded D train on my way into work this morning and I realized that the stance I was holding required my lower back to sustain the majority of my upper body. As you know, I’ve suffered from
back issues before. I realized that if I just shifted my rear-end slightly under me, it straightens out everything! Who knew that such a simple shift in posture could cause such a dramatic change?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you like best about dirty dancing havana nights. i had no idea that this was a favorite for you.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home