Thursday, July 27, 2006

ASH FRIDAY!!

Have I got quite the weekend in store!

My 10 year high school reunion starts tomorrow! I cannot believe it’s been 10 years… On the one hand, it seems like only 2 weeks ago that I was running through the hallways hours before graduation shoving my yearbook in friends and faculty’s faces to sign. On the other hand, 10 years worth of time has transpired and frankly, I’m just not the naïve I’m gonna conquer the world girl I once was. Now, it feels like a major accomplishment is my apartment is tidy and I get to the gym 4x per week. In honor of this weekend’s festivities, I would like to play a little game of then-and-now.

1996 : I bleached my hair blond and wanted to look like Pamela Anderson


2006: I’m lucky if I make it to work with washed tresses not looking like Joan Rivers

1996: I rode my Giant red mountain bike to school
2006: I ride the D train into Manhattan

1996: My laugh could be heard throughout the cafeteria
2006: My laugh can be heard all through the trading floor

1996: I had dreams of living in the Big City
2006: I live in the Big City

1996: I couldn’t jog without my walk-man (yes, WALKman, not DISCman)
2006: I can’t leave the apartment without my IPOD

1996: I spent my money on clothes and beers
2006: I spend my money on dinners and beers

1996: Everyone looked forward to the dance
2006: Everyone looks forward to the company party

1996: Warm, home-cooked meals with salad
2006: Warmed Campbell’s chunky soup and chips

1996: Passing notes during Mr. Pontz’s English class
2006: Sending blackberry messages during meetings

1996: I got so tan that it looked as though I changed race.
2006: My skincare doc lauded me for staying out of the sun

1996: I was a US national who had never lived in her own country
2006: 10 years and counting…

1996: Spice Girls
2006: Spice Market

1996: E-mail
2006: Gmail

1996: I have no cavities
2006: I have no cavities

1996: The majority of my favorite people went to my highschool
2006: The majority of my favorite people went to my highschool


To all ASH alumni and faculty – you have helped shape the person I have become and continue to be. Congratulations on the last 10 years – we’ve come a long way! I look forward to seeing those of you who can make the reunion and will have a beer in honor of those who cannot. It’s going to be a rich weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home