Thursday, August 17, 2006

Melts In Your Mouth

Am still mashing food with my tongue by squishing it into a paste by pressing it onto the roof of my mouth… Not exactly appetizing but I recommend trying it. It completely enhances the sensory experience we know commonly as taste. I think perhaps because your tongue is more actively engaged with the food thus allowing for the flavors to run over the taste-buds more frequently than with chewing. It made me realize that I don’t often stop to actually taste my food. I’m usually in a hurry to chew-chew-chew and swallow. It also made me realize there are a lot of things you can eat without really have to chew. For example: udon noodle soup, cereal bars, salmon on rye, chocolate chip cookies, raisin bran, broccoli to name a few items. Unfortunately, no gobstobbers or jawbreakers for a while…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home