Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mozo Is Cooking Up Trouble In Brooklyn


There’s trouble stewing in Brooklyn and it’s the kind everyone will want to dip their wooden spoon into. Literally. As part of my new game-plan (for those of you slow on the uptake, read post below), I have been cooking up a storm in Brooklyn and things are only going to get better. For those of you who know me, right after I finished graduate school, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with my life so I locked myself in my apartment – blinds drawn – and watched episode after episode of Rachel Ray’s 30 minute meals. This did nothing for my then expanding waistline but I got pretty good at cooking. That fun ended upon moving to New York where I’ve since spent the past 2 years in bars obsessing over boys and drinking beer*. Coming out of my 2 year alcohol infused sabbatical, I have decided to get back behind the stove and fire it up.

So here is what I am proposing. As many of you know, there is a recent influx of
individuals moving to the NYC area. I am going to start having boozy Sunday football watching events @ Casa De Mozo. I’m thinking lots of beer, and tons of food while watching a bunch of guys slam into one another while throwing around a pig skin.

Here are several theme/menu ideas for various Sundays (or alternative Saturdays) for this upcoming fall:

Finger Food Theme:
Spicy Hot Wings
Nachos
7 Layer bean dip
King Ranch Casserole
Chicken strips

Mexican Theme:
Fajitas (chicken, beef, and portabello)
Guac dip
Fresh Pico de gallo
Tacos

Italian Theme:
White chicken lasagna
Lasagna Bolognese
Eggplant Parm
Minestrone
Salad
Garlic knots


These themes can also be applied to dinner parties, etc. I’m not married to doing this on a weekend. In any case, I’m proclaiming that fall/end of summer is the season of the dinner party and I plan on taking this season by storm. In fact, I’m making paella for
KurtjeC this Saturday! Ambitious.


* Don’t say you can’t find yourself at the bottom of a pint glass in a
dive bar on the Lower East Side, I promise you, it can be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home